Through this book, we’ll be able to answer these three core questions about a system and a metric:
Question 1: Are we achieving our target or goal?
- Are we doing so occasionally?
- Are we doing so consistently?
Question 2: Are we improving?
- Can we predict future performance?
Question 3: How do we improve?
- When do we react?
- When do we step back and improve the system?
- How can we prove we’ve improved
The aim of this book is not learning how to create charts for our metrics; it’s about improving performance through these methods and these questions.